Not everything done in God’s name brings Him glory. According to King David, author of Psalm 15, genuinely godly people* . . .
(1) Walk with integrity.
(2) Do what is right and just.
(3) Tell the truth.
(4) Don’t slander, do evil to a neighbor, or take up a reproach against a friend.
(5) Have no part in what is vile, but give honor to what is good.
(6) Keep their word even when it hurts.
(7) Don’t take advantage of others or take bribes against the innocent.* And when they fail, as we all do, they appeal to God’s mercy (see 1 John 1:9).