(1) Interest and time are inversely proportional. The greater my interest, the shorter the sermon.
(2) Interest and investment are directly proportional. The more you put in, the more I take out.
(3) If it’s where I live, my attention is yours to lose.
(4) The more you care about me, the more I’ll hear.
(5) If I should care but don’t, pursue me. Work at opening my eyes. Draw me in.
(6) Anyone can read a passage and restate it in his own words. (See #2.)
(7) It’s better when God is involved. Ask Him what I need to hear, ask Him how to say it, and ask Him for my attention. I don’t want to miss a word if God is behind it.